Learn how to refund a customer.
If you need to return your customer's money, don't worry. Here's how to record a refund based on various scenarios. This ensures your books are up-to-date.
Refund for goods or services that didn’t satisfy the customer
You can use refund receipts if a customer asks for a refund for an item or service.
Note: To avoid a double refund, make sure you didn't enter a adjustment note yet.
- Select + New.
- Select Refund receipt or Give refund.
- Select the Customer ▼ dropdown, then select the customer you want to refund.
- Select the Refund From ▼ dropdown, then select the bank you deposited the payment for the invoice to.
- Add all products or services the customer returned in the PRODUCT/SERVICE column.
- Make sure to fill the service date, quantity, rate, amount, tax, and other fields accordingly, then select Save and close.