Not sure of what exactly is going wrong with your bank connection? This page will take you through some troubleshooting steps for the following common occurrences:
- Transactions not updating
- Duplicate or missing transactions
- Reconciliation issues
- Merged financial institutions
Before you start
If you’re seeing a specific error message when trying to manually upload your transactions, or a specific error code (the number in brackets) on your bank feed, we've got the steps to fix your specific bank error here.
Transactions not updating
Duplicate or missing transactions
Resolve these minor discrepancies by following these step-by-step guides:
Whether you’re having trouble reviewing your beginning balance, or struggling to match your account statement at the end of a reconciliation, we’ve got you covered!
Merged financial institutions
If your bank merged with another bank, it's likely that you'll have to change the way you access your accounts online. In addition, you may receive error codes, such as 102 or 108, regarding connecting to your bank accounts.
If this happens, take these steps to resolve the errors
- Contact the new bank (the one currently holding your account) and verify how to access your online accounts. The new bank should give you a new URL and login information for their online banking website.
- Go online and make sure you can access your accounts from the new site using the new credentials you were given. If not, contact the bank for assistance.
- In QuickBooks Online, disconnect the old account and reconnect using your new credentials.
We're here to help
If you need additional help or have questions, or you require assistance at any point in this process, our Customer Success team is happy to help.
Sign in to QuickBooks and start a discussion in our QuickBooks Community or join one of our Facebook Groups to connect with other like-minded QuickBooks customers.