Is your business growing quickly? Congrats on your success!
If you need even more room to grow, you can move over to QuickBooks Online. Learn how to move your data over here.
Note: You currently can't go back to QuickBooks Self-Employed once you switch to QuickBooks Online.
Step 1: Save your financial reports
Before you start, download all of your work from QuickBooks Self-Employed. This is optional, but it's a good idea to hold on to your work for your records.
- In QuickBooks Self-Employed, go to the Reports menu.
- In the Tax details section, select a tax year.
- Select Download to get a Tax Details report.
- Download a report for each tax year you have in QuickBooks.
- Repeat the following actions above for your Profit and loss, Mileage log, and Receipts.
Step 2: Move your data to QuickBooks Online
Check whether you can automatically move your data into QuickBooks Online. Select the Gear icon, then select Billing info.
If you see the Explore QuickBooks Online plans, select it to start the upgrade.
If you don't see this option, don't worry. It means you'll need to manually move your data. We'll show you how to do that in the next section.
If you see the Explore QuickBooks option
Check out the different QuickBooks Online plans. When you've decided the one that's best for you:
- Select Switch plan or Choose plan for the QuickBooks Online plan you want.
- Follow the onscreen steps.
Note: If you want to save a copy of your reports before you move everything, select Download your reports.
- Select Bring my data if you want to choose which data you want to move over. If you don't want to move any data and start fresh, select Start fresh.
- When you're ready to move your data to QuickBooks Online, select To QuickBooks Online. If you see a billing info review screen, select Change plan to start.
The transfer can take some time. When it's done, you're ready to start your new accounting experience in QuickBooks Online.