Learn how to integrate QuickBooks Time with MYOB and import timesheets into MYOB.
Setup the integration
- In QuickBooks Time, go to My Team, then select an employee.
- Add the MYOB Employee Card ID into the Employee Number field.
- Add the MYOB Employee Record ID into the Payroll ID field.
- Jobs in QuickBooks Time must match Jobs in MYOB (Jobs).
- Time off codes in QuickBooks Time must match time off codes in MYOB.
- In QuickBooks Time, go to Feature Add-ons, then Time Off Codes to compare the codes.
- If the names don’t match between the systems, you have the option to “match” codes from QuickBooks Time to codes from MYOB when you upload the file.
- In QuickBooks time, go to Feature Add-ons, then Manage Add-ons.
- Find the MYOB Integration and select Get.
Export timesheet data for MYOB
- In QuickBooks Time, go to Reports, then MYOB Report.
- Select a date range and the employees you want to include on the report.
- Select Download Report, then save the file.
- In MYOB, go to the Timesheets module and use the Import function.
- There are a few selections you’ll need to make here, like file type (.csv).
How to read the MYOB export spreadsheet
- Employee Co./Last Name: Last Name
- Employee First Name: First Name
- Payroll Category: Hourly/Overtime/etc (can be customised)
- Job: Jobcode
- Customer Co./Last Name: Blank
- Customer First Name: Blank
- Notes: Notes field
- Date: Start Date (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Units: Hours (decimal)
- Employee Card ID: Employee Number
- Employee Record ID: Payroll ID
- Start/Stop Time: Blank
- Customer Card ID: Blank
- Customer Record ID: Blank
NOTE: If the report doesn’t quite match your needs, reach out to our Support team. We can make adjustments to the report export to ensure it has the correct information.