After integrating QuickBooks Time and QuickBooks, you can find more options or edit your original options in the QuickBooks Integration Preferences window.
- In QuickBooks Time, select the QuickBooks dropdown, then select Preferences.
This article will outline all the preferences and options you will find in this window.
Choose what timesheets should show
These are the options that employees will see on their time cards and what their time will be tracked against.
Note: For any selection you make, all changes to that field must be made in QuickBooks and then synced to QuickBooks Time.
- Customers & Jobs: When clocking in, your employees will be required to select a customer, and if applicable, a job before they can clock in. (See also: How to set up customer assignments.)
- This option can only be edited upon first integration. If you've already integrated but need it changed, reach out to support to help you with a different set up.
- Service Items: If selected, your employees will be required to select one of these from your QuickBooks Service Items list before they can clock out.
- Billable yes/no choice: If selected, your employees will have the option to mark time as billable or not billable. Billable items can be used when invoicing in QuickBooks.
- Require billable yes/no choice: If selected, your employees will be required to mark their time as billable or not.
- Class: If selected, your employees will be required to select a class before they can clock out.
Exporting time to QuickBooks
This is the option you can select before Exporting time to QuickBooks.
- Don't export timesheets prior to this date: To set a date for the timesheet export to begin, select the calendar icon, and select a date. No time before that set date will export to QuickBooks during syncs.
Automatic import from QuickBooks
The QuickBooks Online integration offers an automatic import of any new or edited information in QuickBooks to QuickBooks Time. To restrict the import, go to QuickBooks > Preferences.
Under Automatically import changes to, untick the items you don’t want to automatically import. To turn off the automatic import entirely, untick Automatically import for changes made in QuickBooks.
- Automatically import changes made in QuickBooks
- Automatically import changes to:
- Service Items
- Import Suppliers as Employees: This allows you to import your suppliers from QuickBooks into QuickBooks Time as employees.
- Send me an email when Employee or Supplier details change : Opt to have an email notification if Employee or Supplier information are updated in QuickBooks, so you know when to run an Import to update QuickBooks Time.