Learn how to add or request time off and view your time off balances in QuickBooks Time on the web dashboard.
- If you have mobile time entry permissions, you can also request time off in QuickBooks Workforce.
- If your admin has granted you permission, you can enter or request time off, view the status of your previously requested time off and check your balance on the web dashboard.
- Time off hours can include sick days, holiday days, personal leave, and annual leave.
- You may only add or request time off for yourself if your administrator has granted that permission.
Add or request time off
- Go to Time Off, and select Add Time Off.
- Select desired team members for bulk entry, or choose an individual team member. You are automatically selected. If you don't want to add a time off request for yourself, deselect yourself.
- Select Continue.
- Choose a code, date of entry, and number of hours on that day.
- (optional) Add another day for the same code.
- (optional) Add notes.
- Select Save or Send Request.
- If you selected Send Request, you can't change your code type or make any other edits. You must cancel and recreate the request.
- You will get a notification when your administrator approves or denies the request.
View time off balances
- Go to Time Off, and select View my balances.
- View predicted accruals by selecting a future date.
Cancel time off
Note: You can’t cancel a request that’s been exported or approved via the approvals report. If it needs to be cancelled, work with your manager or admin.
To cancel time off:
- Go to Time Off and select a time off entry.
- Select Cancel entry.
- (Optional) Enter the reason the entry is being cancelled.