Learn how to set up locations in QuickBooks Online Payroll powered by Employment Hero to assign to employees to be used to report labour costs on a location basis.
Note: A location doesn't have to be a "geographical place" - it could be a branch of your business.
Also, if you have created a location in QuickBooks Online Plus, this may be imported into payroll so adding the location is not needed.
Add a location
- Go to Payroll, then select Payroll Settings.
- Select Locations under Pay run settings.
- Select Add, then add the following information:
- Location name (required field)
- If you want it to be a sub location of another location
- Whether or not you want the location available to all employees
- External Id - The system will check the external id used and will validate for uniqueness.
- Whether or not you want sub locations to report to this location - when this is enabled, report will not split data into sub locations under this location. All report data will be "rolled up" and included in this location.
- Select Save.