To get started with paying employees:
- Select Payroll, then select New Pay Run.
- Select the pay run details (an explanation of each section is outlined below). Then, select Create.
- Select each employee's name to expand the breakdown of earnings, and select the Actions button if any changes need to be made.
- Once you've finished, select Finalise Pay Run.
When creating a pay run, you will be presented with the following sections:
- Pay Schedule: How often you're paying the employees. If the one you want isn't on the list, go to Payroll Settings > Pay schedules to add a new pay schedule.
- Pay Period Ending: The end date of the pay schedule, e.g. if your work week is Mon-Fri, enter the Friday date. Future pay runs will carry on from this date based on what pay schedule is selected. Changing the pay period ending date will automatically change the starting date.
- Date pay run will be paid: The day you will be paying your employees for this pay run. This date is also what's captured by the ATO for Single Touch Payroll purposes and reporting.
- Manually add employees to pay run: This option is useful if you are creating an ad-hoc pay run to process pay adjustments, bonuses, etc for a specific group of employees. Selecting this option will remove the Import Timesheets option.
- Create pay run with empty pays: This option is useful when processing an ad-hoc pay run for adjustments, bonuses, etc for all employees and want to start with a blank canvas. Selecting this option will remove the Import Timesheets option.
- Import Timesheets: If timesheets are enabled in your business and there are timesheets to be processed, you will be provided with additional options for importing timesheets into the pay run:
- Timesheets for this pay period: This will include all approved timesheets applicable for the pay period selected above.
- All unpaid timesheets up to dd/mm/yyyy: This will include all approved timesheets applicable for the pay period selected above as well as any other approved/unprocessed timesheets relating to previous pay periods.
- Don't import timesheets: Select this option if you are processing a pay run and do not want to import any approved timesheets.
Content sourced from Employment Hero