“An error occurred while deleting the transaction: We're sorry, we can't delete filed tax right now. Please try again later.”
This error occurs when you are trying to delete a GST payment or GST refund but either the books are closed for the period the transaction is dated, or the GST payment/refund has been matched to a banking transaction.
To fix, follow these steps:
- Select the Gear Icon.
- Choose Accounts and Settings.
- Select Advanced.
- Choose Accounting.
- Uncheck the box Close the books.
- Select Save, then Done.
- If the transaction wasn't matched to a banking download, delete the tax payment.
If the transaction was matched to a transaction from your bank feed follow the instructions below to unmatch the transaction:
- Go to Transactions, then select Bank transactions (Take me there).
- Choose the bank account that was used to pay for the GST payment.
- Select the In QuickBooks tab, then find the transaction with the correct date and amount for the payment.
- Choose Undo.
- Attempt to delete the GST payment again.
If the issue persists, please contact support.