Learn how to add a supplier in QuickBooks Online.
Suppliers are people or companies that you owe money to or subcontractors that work for you. You can use the suppliers tab to add and track them. Here's how.
How to add suppliers one by one
- Go to Expenses, then Suppliers (Take me there).
- Select New supplier.
- Complete the fields in the Supplier Information window.
- Select Save.
How to add suppliers in bulk from Excel
Here is how to add various suppliers to QuickBooks Online from an Excel Spreadsheet.
- Go to Expenses and select Suppliers (Take me there).
- Select the small arrow ▼ next to New supplier.
- Select Import suppliers.
- Select Browse to find the file from your computer, then select Next.
- Pair the fields in QuickBooks with the fields in the Excel file and click Next.
- If everything is OK, select Import.
How to administrate your suppliers list
In the Action column, select the small arrow ▼ icon to create a bill, cheque, expense or purchase order. Then, you can view supplier transactions and manage them.