TPAR, or the Taxable Payments Annual Report, is an industry-specific report for businesses that make payments to contractors or subcontractors. It applies to businesses that provide any of the following:
- Building and construction services
- Cleaning services
- Courier or road freight services
- Information technology (IT) services
- Security, investigation or surveillance services
- Government entities
This report, due by the 28th of August each year, allows the Australia Taxation Office (ATO) to improve compliance with tax obligations by comparing the payments made by one contractor against the tax returns of the people they are in turn paying.
This helps the ATO to identify paid contractors who:
- Haven't lodged tax returns
- Haven't reported all their income in their tax returns.
To turn on the Taxable Payments Annual Report (TPAR):
You can turn on the ability to add a Supplier to your Taxable Payments Annual Report (TPAR) from within your company settings:
- Select the Gear Icon in the right hand corner and select Account and Settings.
- Select Expenses in the navigation and select Suppliers.
- Using the toggle, switch on Show TPAR option for supplier.
- Select Save and then select Done.
More information on recording TPAR in QuickBooks Online:
- How to run a Taxable Payment Annual Report (TPAR)
- How do I add a supplier to the Taxable Payments Annual Report (TPAR)?
- How do I remove a supplier from the Taxable Payments Annual Report (TPAR)?
|Have any other questions for our team?|
If any of your questions were left unanswered, we'd love to hear them!
Pop over to our QuickBooks Community's discussion on reports where you can ask your questions, have them answered by qualified QuickBooks Online experts, and hopefully help others with the same questions out in the process.