“Validation Failed – One of the list elements assigned to this transaction has been deleted. Before you can modify this transaction, you must restore PAYG Withholdings Payable (deleted).
To resolve this error, you’ll need to activate the PAYG Withholdings Payable account.
The activate the account:
- Go to Transactions and select Chart of accounts (Take me there).
- Select the Gear Icon above the Action column then select Include Inactive.
- Search for PAYG Withholding’s Payable (You will see (deleted) next to one of the accounts).
- Select Make Active in the Action column.
- This will save as PAYG Withholding’s Payable-1 (if you have two accounts set up)
Note: Moving forward you will need to keep this account active as it is the default account for lodging the BAS. If you have two accounts, you’ll need to merge the two together.
To merge the accounts, follow these steps:
- Scroll to the PAYG Withholding’s Payable-1 account click the drop down arrow in the Action and select Edit.
- Change the name to the match the other account. (Note: Ensure all details are the same for each account. e.g. Category type, Detail Type etc)
- Select Save and Close.
- A Message will pop up asking if you would like to Merge these accounts. Select Yes.
You will be able to lodge your BAS and moving forward will not have this error again if accounts are merged together and none are inactive.