Learn how to set up your bank account for Bank Feeds in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.
Use Bank Feeds to manage your bills and bank transactions. Here’s how to set it up.
You can set up your account for online banking or Bank Feeds in single-user and multi-user mode. The maximum number of accounts is 40. If you need more than that, then separate them between two or more company files. You can set up only one account if needed.
Connect your account to Bank Feeds
- From the Banking menu, go to Bank Feeds, then Set up Bank Feeds for an account.
- Enter and select the name of your bank in the Enter your Bank’s name field.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on how to connect your account.Note: If you download transactions from your bank and import them to QuickBooks for the first time, then this sets up an account for Bank Feeds.
- On the Link your Accounts page, select the Select existing or Create new ▼ drop-down. Then, find the QuickBooks account you want to link to your bank account. If you didn’t set up a bank account yet in your chart of accounts, select Create New Account.
- Select Connect, then Close.
After you set up your account, you can now download transactions from your bank.