Learn how to set up a bank account and connect it to Bank Feeds in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.
In QuickBooks Desktop, you can use Bank Feeds to connect your bank and credit card accounts to online banking. This lets you download bank transactions so you don't have to record them manually.
You can set up bank and credit card accounts for online banking in single-user and multi-user mode. Here's how to connect a bank account to Bank Feeds.
Note: You can connect up to 40 accounts. If you need more than that, separate the accounts you need to connect between two or more company files.
Connect your account to Bank Feeds
- Go to the Banking menu.
- Hover over Bank Feeds and select Set Up Bank Feed for an Account.
- Select your QuickBooks account and select Next.
- Select the Financial Institution for this account and select Next.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on how to connect your account.
Note: If you download transactions from your bank and import them to QuickBooks for the first time, then this sets up an account for Bank Feeds.
- Select Connect, then Close.
After you set up your account, you can now download transactions from your bank.