This article explains the processing timelines for QuickBooks Online Payroll direct deposit.
Using QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll powered by Wagepoint? Click here.
Payroll was approved and direct deposit information is sent to Intuit
The first step is payroll approved and direct deposit sent to Intuit.
- The status of the transaction during this stage is pending.
- You must transmit payroll information to Intuit before 5 pm PT at least two banking days before the pay date if there's a need to void any of the pay cheques or send additional pay cheques. (Additional lead time may be necessary if your Payroll account was set up with longer lead times.)
- At 5 pm PST, payroll offloads.
|Note: Pay cheques can be created and transmitted up to 45 days in advance.|
Payroll is offloaded
Next the payroll is offloaded:
- Typically, direct deposit payroll is offloaded two banking days before the pay cheque date at 5 pm PT.
- Direct deposit payroll is electronically sent to Intuit's Automatic Clearing House for processing.
- Intuit will debit your bank account one banking day before the pay cheque date.
- The Debit from your bank account can happen any time within a twenty-four hour window.
Can a direct deposit payment be cancelled after it's sent?
- If we haven't yet processed the pay cheque, you can delete it and keep the money in your account (even if you've already approved the pay cheque).
- Intuit cannot stop the direct deposit transaction process after 5 pm PT, two banking days before the pay cheque date. For example, if you've scheduled an employee's pay cheque for direct deposit on Friday, you can delete it until 5 pm PT Wednesday. If you wait until 5:15 pm PT Wednesday, it's too late: the money has been transferred.
- We can't remove money from a current employee's bank account. Work directly with your employee to retrieve the money, then contact us so we can delete the pay cheque for you.
Funds are posted (pay day)
Finally, the funds are deposited:
- Funds are deposited to your employee's account on the pay cheque date.
- Time of direct deposit posting or availability of funds is determined by the employee's bank and is not controlled by Intuit.
- If the pay cheque date falls on a non-banking day, the funds will be posted in the employee's bank account on the next banking day.
- Employee's bank has until 11:59 pm PT on the cheque date to post the funds to the employee's bank account.