Learn how to set up overtime tracking in QuickBooks Time.
Note: Only account administrators can set up overtime tracking.
- Go to Company Settings, select Payroll & Overtime, then select Overtime.
- Make your selections:
- Calculate weekly overtime after: Specify the maximum number of regular (non-overtime) hours per team member per week. The default is 40 hours per week.
- Also calculate daily overtime after: Specify the number of regular (non-overtime) hours per team member per day. The default is 8 hours per day.
- Also calculate daily double time after: Specifiy the number of hours, both regular and overtime, per team member per day. The default is 12 hours per day.
- If you need more advanced overtime options, select Use Pay Rate Engine at the bottom of that window, to install the Pay Rate Engine. See: How to Configure and Change Advanced Overtime Settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does PTO count toward OT calculations?
No, only working hours count towards overtime.
Where will I see the overtime calculated?
On the QuickBooks Time payroll report and a variety of other report options.
See also: About Company Settings.