Learn how to get different QuickBooks Desktop tools to help fix problems and errors.
We know things can break sometimes. The QuickBooks Tool Hub gives you tools to fix common QuickBooks Desktop issues. Get the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub (126.96.36.199) to help fix these errors and issues:
- Company file issues
- Install issues or errors
- Networking errors
- PDF and printing errors
- QuickBooks crashing
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps fix common errors. You'll need to close QuickBooks to use the tool hub. For the best experience, we recommend you use Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the most recent version (188.8.131.52) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop). Note: If you've installed Tool Hub before, you can find out which version you have. Select the Home tab. The version will be on the bottom.
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Note: If you can't find the icon, do a search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the program.
Step 2: Use the tools in the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The hub is a launchpad for the tools you’ll use to fix your issue. Each tab has a set of tools to help with different types of problems:
- Company File Issues: Run the Quick Fix my file or the QuickBooks File Doctor to fix common data issues. If you need more help, select File Dr Help.
- Network Issues: Fix common network problems like error H202. You must be on your server computer.
- Program Problems: Fix common problems when you open or work in the program. You can also use this section to resolve common PDF and print related issues.
- Installation Issues: Fix common problems when you install or uninstall QuickBooks Desktop. You can also fix 3371 errors.
- Password Reset: Run the automated password reset tool to reset your admin password.
- Help & Support: Contact us to get help if the tool hub fails or for other resources.
- Advanced Tools: Common Windows shortcuts used to help troubleshoot common QuickBooks errors.
Note: If you need to install a tool from the Tool Hub, it'll automatically download it in the background. It can take 2-3 minutes to complete. Don't close out of the install. The tool might not run.
Fix QuickBooksToolHub.exe has been blocked
If you get the message, QuickBooksToolHub.exe has been blocked because it can harm your device, try to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub with a different web browser.
You may also get the following message from Microsoft Defender:
Windows protected your PC - Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk. More info
Select More Info, then Run anyway to install the Tool Hub.