Learn how to sync your QuickBooks Time data after upgrading QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: These steps are only for the integration with QuickBooks Desktop using the Web Connector.
Before you upgrade
- Save your QuickBooks Desktop company file to your computer.
- Open the Web Connector.
- Next to the QuickBooks Time application for your company, select Remove.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, select Edit, then Preferences, and select Integrated Applications.
- Select Company Preferences, then QuickBooks Time, and select Remove, then OK.
After you upgrade
- Using the new version of QuickBooks Desktop, open your company file.
- On the same computer, open the Web Connector and QuickBooks Time.
- In QuickBooks Time, select the QuickBooks dropdown, then Preferences.
- Select the web connector.qwc link, and make note of the 4 digit password found on the same page for later.
- When the file has downloaded, select Open or Run.
- On the security window, select OK.
- On the QuickBooks - Application Certificate window, select Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open.
- On the access confirmation window, select Done.
- In the Web Connector, enter the 4 digit password from QuickBooks Time.
- Select the box next to the QuickBooks Time application, and select Update Selected.