You can import a client list into QuickBooks Online Accountant from ProFile by way of Excel. Client lists will first need to be exported to Excel from ProFile's Client Explorer or Classic Database. For more information on this, see How to export ProFile data into Excel with Client Explorer or How to export ProFile data into Excel with Classic Database.
How to import a client list into QuickBooks Online Accountants
- Navigate to Your Books in the left pane and select Sales and then Customers.
- From the New customer dropdown list, select Import customers.
- You can download a sample file of what QuickBooks Online Accountants is looking for as a reference.
- Select browse and choose the file of customers to upload.
- Map the data fields to the QuickBooks Online fields.
- Review and select Import.
- You can now import returns, and the system should be able to match the names from the client list to the return import. For more information on importing returns, see the section on ProFile in this article.
- If using Pro Tax, once complete you can batch carry forward returns.