Find out what to do if you can’t email or export a report as a PDF file in QuickBooks Online.
When you try to email or export any of your reports as a PDF file, you might get one of the following errors:
- “Something went wrong. Please try again later.”
- “404: Page not found.”
- The report doesn’t show up completely.
- Page is stuck on a spinning or loading wheel.
This is because your report reached the 50,000 cell limit for exporting to PDF.
You can export the report to Excel instead to see how well your business is doing. To do this:
- Go to Reports (Take me there), then select the report you want to export.
- On the upper right, select Save customization.
- Rename the report so you can easily distinguish it from the other reports, then select Save.
- Go back to the Reports menu, and select Custom reports.
- Select the report you just saved.
- Select the export icon beside the print (printer) icon.
- Select Export to Excel.
- If the Save as window pops up, select Save. If not, your file is automatically saved in your browser’s Download folder.