Create a sales receipt
Learn how and when to create a sales receipt.
In QuickBooks, create a sales receipt any time your customer immediately pays for products or services at the time of sale. This is in contrast to invoices, which you give to customers who plan to pay for their purchases later on. Here's how to create sales receipts and send them to your customer.
Tip: If you use QuickBooks Payments, here's how to process credit card payments from customers.
- Select + New.
- Select Sales receipt.
- Select the customer from the Customer dropdown. Note: If you haven’t set up your customer yet, select + Add new.
- Enter the sales info, such as the Payment method.
- From the Select a product/service ▼ dropdown, select the product or service that you sold.
- (Optional) You can edit your line item’s quantity or rate in the Qty and Rate field.
- When you're done, select Save and send to email the receipt.