Delete a Sales Tax payment
- Go to Taxes.
- Select the Tax Agency you want to delete a sales tax payment from.
- Select the Payments tab and find the sales tax payment you want to delete.
- In the Action column, select the dropdown arrow and then Delete.
Troubleshoot common errors
If you see an error message, it's most likely because the sales tax payment has been matched to a banking transaction:
“An error occurred while deleting the transaction. We're sorry, we can't delete filed tax right now. Please try again later.”
To fix this:
- Go to Transactions, then select Bank transactions (Take me there).
- Select the account that was used to pay for the sales tax payment.
- Select the In QuickBooks tab, then find the transaction with the correct date and amount for the payment.
- Once the matched payment has been located, select Undo. Then follow the steps above to delete the sales tax payment as normal.