Learn how to fix due dates and invoice dates that don't match when using due on receipt payment terms in QuickBooks Online.
If you use the due on receipt payment terms on your invoices, but the invoice date doesn't match the due date, you can fix it in the settings. Make sure you have the correct settings so your customers can pay their invoices on time.
- Go to Get paid & pay or Sales, then select Invoices (Take me there).
- Select the invoice in question, then select Edit invoice.
- Take note of the term used, then close the invoice.
- Go to Settings ⚙, then select All lists.
- Select Terms.
- Find the term used on your invoice.
- In the Action column, select Edit from the dropdown ▼.
- Make sure the Due in fixed number of days is set to 0.
- Select Save.
You need to reselect the term on the invoice for the correction to apply. If still not fixed, check for a similar term with a slightly different name in the Terms list. Then edit it as necessary.