Set up company deductions
Here's how to set up company deductions:
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Payroll settings.
- Select Deductions/Contributions.
- Select Add a New Deduction/Contribution.
- Select the deduction/contribution Category and Type.
- Enter the Description or Provider. Note: This field name may vary depending upon the Category you've selected.
- Select OK.
Assign company deductions to employees and contractors
Here's how to assign company deductions to employees and contractors:
- Go to Payroll and select Employees (Take me there).
- Select the employee, then select the edit icon next to Pay.
- In the deductions/contributions section, select + Add deductions.
- On the Deductions & contributions page, select + Add deduction/contribution.
- From the Deduction/contribution dropdown, select the deduction/contribution that you created.
- From Calculated as dropdown, select if the deduction is to be calculated as:
- Flat amount.
- Percent of gross pay.
- Enter Amount or Percent per paycheque.
- Enter other details as needed.
- Select Save, then select Done.
- Select Done to close the Edit employee details page.
Now you’re able to assign the company deductions to employees and contractors after you’ve set them up.