Pro Tax is a cloud-based professional tax solution built into QuickBooks Online Accountant. Accounting professionals can prepare, review and EFILE their T1 personal and spousal returns with accuracy and confidence.
Create new returns
Log into QuickBooks Online Accountant to begin your T1 tax workflow.
Create new return from the Pro Tax menu
- Select Pro Tax from the left navigation menu.
- Select the T1 tab and Create new return.
- Select or add a client. You can add a new client by typing in their name and email address in the open field.
- Create a name for your return (a default name is provided).
- Select Continue.
You will be presented with the T1 forms and schedules where you can enter your client's personal, spousal, and dependent information. Pro Tax has both a working view and a CRA form preview.
Opening existing or previous return
- Under TAX RETURNS select the disclosure triangle to view previous returns.
- Select the previous return to open.
Tax line focus
When you hover over the fields they highlight in grey to allow focus on the field that's being worked on through the mouse hover, and tabbing making it easier to focus on the area of use
Users can now paper file T1 tax returns with ProTax when the return cannot be electronically transmitted (for example, if the number of business statements exceeds the maximum allowed, last name change).
Using the Auditor tab
The Auditor tab summarizes potential issues and warnings that may delay the processing of a personal tax return.
- Issues and Notices guides users through fixing errors. Issues must be addressed or signed off before filing.
- Warnings should be reviewed, as missed information can delay the Canada Revenue Agency process.
Place a check mark beside each Issue or Warning or Notice to sign-off.