Start a New Return from the Client list
The Tax column helps you get to work faster by allowing you to view and create T1 & T2 tax returns right from the client list
- Navigate to your client list.
- Select Create tax return to start a new return.
- Click on the disclosure triangle to view previous returns.
- Click on a previous return to open it.
In the Details tab
The details tab allows users to enter client information and add or remove schedules. Please note that once a schedule is removed, all related forms will be removed, as well.
- To add a new schedule, select the option Add New Schedule from the Details tab. A second search window opens. Select or search for a schedule.
- Select the Add option.
In the Preview tab
Review your T2 Corporation Income Tax Return form before filing with the CRA. The Preview tab includes forms that are identical to the CRA requirements and simplifies the auditing process for users.
In the Auditor tab
The Auditor tab summarizes potential issues and warnings that may delay the processing of a corporation’s income tax return.
Click on an error message in the Auditor to jump directly to the form prompting the warning or EFILE error.
Note: on occasion the auditor will prompt you to complete forms that have yet to be added to your forms list. Add the form by clicking the Add new form button and complete all sections of the new form.
Auditor notifications include:
- Issues and Notices: guides users through how to fix the error. Issues must be addressed or signed off before filing.
- Warnings: should be reviewed as any missed information can delay the CRA approval process.
- To sign-off: places a check mark beside each Issue, Warning or Notice to illustrate the location of the issue.
In the Summary tab
When finished filling out the return, click Continue to EFILE to see the Summary page.