Only administrators, group managers, and team members with “Manage my timesheets” permission (or all team members if “Allow team members to edit their past notes” is enabled) will have access to Time Entries > Timesheets.
Navigate the timesheets
On a computer, in QuickBooks Time, go to Time Entries, then select Timesheets.
Customize the display
- Choose to view by Day, Week, Month, or Pay Period and opt to Show past days with no time or not.
- Select Today to navigate to the current day’s time.
- Use the calendar icon to navigate to a specific date, or select the < > to change the date range.
- Expand or collapse days by selecting the Date header.Note: Dates with no time will remain collapsed and indicate “no time”.
- In the top right corner, choose to view My or All timesheets. When viewing All timesheets, you can choose to view only one user at a time. Begin typing their name in the Employee Search box, and select their name from the given list.
- Time totals display when viewing a single user’s time (My or filtered by team member).
- Organize how the timesheets are ordered by selecting one of the headers to order them in ascending or descending order (alphabetically or numerically).
- To choose which columns are displayed, select the Gear icon and select or clear the column types. Only 6 columns can be displayed at a time. This includes any custom fields you have set up, photo attachments, and geofencing flags.
- In the same menu, select Wrap text to expand the rows to make all text entries visible. Deselect to return to a compact view.
- Three icons appear to the right when hovering over a timesheet.
- Select Edit Time to make changes to a timesheet.
- Select View Log to view all timesheet actions, including edits.
- Select Delete Time to delete a timesheet.
- Manager edits are indicated by the pencil icon in the left corner of a timesheet . These edits are viewable in detail in one of two ways:
- Select View Log - Manager edits will display the user field in red.
- Select Actions, then View Manager Edits at the top of the Timesheets List to view all manager edits for a given date range. Then, select the View Timesheet History button to view the details of the edit.
- If the Location column is displayed, select a blue marker to view the associated GPS map.
- The team member will need to track time on a smartphone for GPS points to be available. Learn more here: how to use GPS tracking as an admin/manager.
- If QuickBooks Time Web displays, this indicates time tracked from a computer's web browser.
- If Automated displays, it was a clock in performed automatically for the user, like after an automatically ending break.