Learn how to track your time as a team member in QuickBooks Time web dashboard.
Note: If you use QuickBooks Workforce, you can track your time there. Admins can also track their time or their team members’ time in QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Online Payroll if they use QuickBooks.
Clock in or out using time clock
- In a web browser, sign in to QuickBooks Time.
- Select Time Clock, then do one of the following:
- From the list, select a job or customer, and select Clock In.
- If there are no jobs or customers listed, select Clock In.
- If you want to switch to a different job or customer, select it from the list, and select Switch.
- When you’re done working, select Clock Out.
Track time using time entries
Use manual time card to enter total hours worked for each day
- Go to Time Entries, then select Manual Time Card.
- To display your hours and minutes in HH:MM format, select Options, then Display time in HH:MM.
- Select the date range.
- If you’re entering hours worked for someone else, at the top right, select Switch User, and enter a name.
- Only admins and managers can enter time for other team members.
- If you track time against a job or customer, select (no job) or (no customer), and select from the list.
- Select inside the cell to add the number of hours worked.
- For example, to enter 8 1/2 hours, type 8.5 or 8:30.
- Add Notes, if needed.
- Enter hours and notes to each day, then select Save.
Use timesheets to enter clock -in and clock -out times
- Go to Time Entries, then Timesheets.
- Select + Add Time.
- Enter your name and the remaining information, and select Save.