The client encounters one or more of the following:
- no descriptions in their TP1
- only lines and amounts displayed
- all the TP1 forms are not showing up properly,
- fonts are wrong
Some examples include the following:
This problem can occur when the user upgrades their operating system; Windows makes a backup copy of the fonts and overwrites the previous fonts.
Because TP1 module use the old fonts, the TP1 module is not displaying the forms correctly.
To fix this, follow these steps:
1. Run "cmd" as Administrator.
2. Copy and paste the following commands:
3. In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:WindowsFonts.
4. Delete any of the following:
If your display settings show the font thumbnails with proper names:
- OCR A Extended
- GreenPoint Regular
- Arial Narrow
- Arial Narrow Bold,
- Arial Narrow Bold Italic
- Arial Narrow Italics
Note that you will probably have to double-click "Arial" to see the Narrow variations of Arial.
If your display settings show the font files with short names:
5. Copy Fonts.zip from the escalation #438 to the user's computer and extract the files to a temporary location.
The .zip file of common Windows fonts can also be found in the pcg_common_fonts.zip file.
6. Select all six font files you just extracted, right-click, and select Install.
7. Restart Windows.