To comply with security requirements from the CRA, ProFile requires users to install Microsoft .NET Framework versions 4.5.2 and 3.5.
Installing Microsoft .NET 4.5.2
To install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (Web Installer) for Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2, visit the Microsoft website.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 can also be automatically installed by double clicking on the file gpsetup.exe and following the installation prompts.
Related: How to install and activate ProFile
Enabling Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 through the Windows control panel
The .NET Framework 3.5 can be enabled through the Windows control panel.
1. Enter the term "Programs" in the control panel search field:
2. Choose "Turn Windows features on or off" option; Windows may take up to a minute to populate this dialogue box.
3. Select the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box and click OK ; expand the + sign and ensure that all boxes are checked:
4. Follow the installation process and restart the computer.
Installing .NET Framework 3.5 on a Server through Role Management
- Select Start -> Admin Tools -> Server Manager.
- Click the option "Features" in the window on the left-side of the screen.
- Select and add .NET Framework 3.5.
- Follow the installation process and restart the computer.