A client may need to retrieve an EFILE report and confirmation number if the CRA confirmation window is closed at the conclusion of the EFILE session.
Note: the following applies to T1/TP1 returns only. forms T1135 and T1013 do not generate reports.
Identifying Report Location
1. To identify the location where ProFile stores these reports, select "Options" from the "EFILE" drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
The "Electronic Filing Options" window displays.
2. Select the "Common" option from the left-side menu and review the path in the "EFILE Directory" field:
1. Open the applicable T1 return that underwent the EFILE.
2. Select the "Current..." option under the "Reports" section of the "EFILE" drop-down menu in the top toolbar:
3. Select the applicable report file extension under the "Files of type:" drop-down menu. These may include:
- *.tax (for T1 returns)
- *.eax (for TP1 returns)
- *.slg (for batch EFILE)
The EFILE summary displays, including the generation time and date, the transmission ID, and the preparer number.
Note: the font size of the report can be enlarged by de-selecting the "Fit Text in Window" button on the report.