What is OnePay?
OnePay is a one-time license that allows a ProFile customer to file a single T1, T2, or T3 return. It is an alternate to purchasing a full ProFile license that allows for unlimited returns.
Who is OnePay for?
A OnePay license is best-suited for:
- an existing ProFile customer whose license has expired, but still needs to file a return or returns
- a new ProFile customer with a limited number of returns to be filed
- a resident of Quebec at the end of the fiscal year, and only the Federal module has been purchased and not the Quebec TP1 or the Quebec T646 *
- a ProFile customer with a business registered in Quebec*
*In the event of the OnePay purchase for Quebec, the preparer is required to NetFile the TP1 separately from the Federal. They also require a NetFile QC Number and Access Code. For more information visit Revenu Quebec.
Note: If the taxpayer resides in any other Province and has an RL-1, the TP1 return is not necessary; the RL-1 information can be entered in the T4 form.
What modules does OnePay Apply to?
T1, T2, and T3 modules are eligible for the OnePay license option.
Why am I being prompted to purchase a OnePay?
If a ProFile customer attempts to populate a form for any module (e.g., T1, T2, or T3) without an existing valid ProFile license, the OnePay purchase wizard displays.
Can I use Auto-fill my Return (AFR) with OnePay?
Yes. Prior to using AFR with OnePay the preparer:
- requires an EFILE account
- requires a representative ID
- needs to EFILE a T1013 form
Review this article to learn more about authorizing or cancelling a representative.
How do I Purchase a OnePay License?
OnePay can only be purchased from within ProFile. An internet connection is required to complete the purchase via our secure web page.
Please note: if purchasing a OnePay for a recurring client, carry forward the return(s) before purchase.
1. Select the necessary return in the appropriate module (for example, T1).
The "Choose your Plan." option displays:
2. Click the button under the preferred OnePay option.
3. Review the "Purchase a ProFile OnePay" window and click "Next" to proceed:
4. Enter the social insurance number (SIN) and first/last name of the taxpayer whose return is to be filed:
5. Click the "Next" button.
The payment screen loads:
The shopping card window displays the details of the OnePay order:
6. Confirm the details of the OnePay order and click the "Checkout" button; the "Checkout" window displays:
7. Enter the necessary company and billing information.
8. Click the "Continue" button; the "Payment Information" window displays:
9. Enter the necessary payment information and click the "Continue" button.
The "Review Your Order" window displays:
10. Review the payment and purchase information. If correct, click the "Place Order" button.
The confirmation window displays the OnePay order and cost:
11. Click the "close this window" link in the top bar; the link is highlighted in the screenshot above.
The OnePay payment wizard closes.
The preparer is returned to ProFile and to the return to be filed.
Get in touch with other Accountants
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook