What is OnePay?
OnePay is a one-time license that allows a ProFile customer to file a single T1, T2, or T3 return. It is an alternate to purchasing a full ProFile license that allows for unlimited returns.
Who is OnePay for?
A OnePay license is best-suited for:
- an existing ProFile customer whose license has expired, but still needs to file a return or returns
- a new ProFile customer with a limited number of returns to be filed
- a resident of Quebec at the end of the fiscal year, and only the Federal module has been purchased and not the Quebec TP1 or the Quebec T646 *
- a ProFile customer with a business registered in Quebec*
*In the event of the OnePay purchase for Quebec, the preparer is required to NetFile the TP1 separately from the Federal. They also require a NetFile QC Number and Access Code. For more information visit Revenu Quebec.
Note: If the taxpayer resides in any other Province and has an RL-1, the TP1 return is not necessary; the RL-1 information can be entered in the T4 form.
What modules does OnePay Apply to?
T1, T2, and T3 modules are eligible for the OnePay license option.
Why am I being prompted to purchase a OnePay?
If a ProFile customer attempts to populate a form for any module (e.g., T1, T2, or T3) without an existing valid ProFile license, the OnePay purchase wizard displays.
Can I use Auto-fill my Return (AFR) with OnePay?
Yes. Prior to using AFR with OnePay the preparer:
- requires an EFILE account
- requires a representative ID
- needs to EFILE a T1013 form
Review this article to learn more about authorizing or cancelling a representative.
How do I Purchase a OnePay License?
OnePay can only be purchased from within ProFile. An internet connection is required to complete the purchase via our secure web page.
Please note: if purchasing a OnePay for a recurring client, carry forward the return(s) before purchase.
1. Open a return in the appropriate module (for example, T1). If you are purchasing a OnePay upgrade, open the file and go to File>Purchase OnePay... or select the OnePay star button in the shortcut toolbar.
The "Choose your Plan." option displays:
2. Click the button under the preferred OnePay option.
3. Review the "Purchase a ProFile OnePay" window and click "Next" to proceed:
4. Enter the social insurance number (SIN) and first/last name of the taxpayer whose return is to be filed:
5. Click the "Next" button.
The payment screen loads:
The shopping card window displays the details of the OnePay order:
6. Confirm the details of the OnePay order and click the "Checkout" button; the "Checkout" window displays:
7. Enter the necessary company and billing information.
8. Click the "Continue" button; the "Payment Information" window displays:
9. Enter the necessary payment information and click the "Continue" button.
The "Review Your Order" window displays:
10. Review the payment and purchase information. If correct, click the "Place Order" button.
The confirmation window displays the OnePay order and cost:
11. Click the "close this window" link in the top bar; the link is highlighted in the screenshot above.
The OnePay payment wizard closes.
The preparer is returned to ProFile and to the return to be filed.
12. Save the return.