Find out what computer and browser you need for the best QuickBooks experience. This covers QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- Windows PC: Windows 7 or newer, Intel Core i5 or comparable processor (2015 or newer) with at least 4 GB of RAM. Note: You need Adobe Reader 11.0 or higher to print forms.
- Mac: OS X "Panther" 10.13 or newer.
- Internet connection: 3 Mbps or higher.
Note: QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Online Accountant aren't compatible with Linux operating systems like Ubuntu or Fedora.
- Windows PC: Windows 7 or newer, Intel Core i3 or a comparable processor (2013 or newer) with at least 2 GB of RAM.
- Mac: OS X "El Capitan" 10.11 or newer.
- Internet connection: 1.5 Mbps.
- Google Chrome.
- Mozilla Firefox. Note: To preview and print forms on Mac OS, you'll also need the Firefox PDF plugin.
- Microsoft Edge.
- Safari 11 or newer (Mac only).
In general, QuickBooks supports the current and two previous versions of browsers. We don't always support older versions.
iPhone / iPad
- OS 11.1 or newer
- Safari browser. Note: Make sure Private Mode is off to allow cookies.
- Other browsers, such as Chrome and Dolphin, may work but aren't officially supported.
Android smartphones and tablets
- Nougat 7.1.1 or newer
- Chrome browser
- Other browsers, such as Firefox and Opera, may work but aren't officially supported.
- Microsoft Edge
Learn more about QuickBooks products and which is best for your business.