Learn how to create a statement charge in QuickBooks Desktop.
A statement charge allows you to add a line item directly to a customer’s account register. It affects a customer’s balance but it doesn’t require you to send them an invoice.
Step 1: Add a statement charge
- Go to Customers, then select Enter Statement Charges.
- From the Customer:Job ▼dropdown, select the name of your customer or job.
- You can change the date of the statement charge if you need to.
- In the Item field, enter the item you use to track this kind of charge.Note: You can change the description or amount of an item if you need to.
- Enter the quantity in the Qty field.
- Select Record.
|Creating statement charges is part of your usual A/R workflow in QuickBooks Desktop. Learn more about accounts receivable and other customer transaction workflows..|
Step 2: Send a statement to your customer
Create a statement to itemise all statement charges, open invoices, credit notes and payments received.
Learn how to create a statement in QuickBooks Desktop.