You are able to add leave taken either during the pay run or via the Leave requests.
To enter leave taken during the pay run:
- Select the employee to open the employee's pay run details.
- Select Actions, then choose the Take Leave option.
- When you select Take Leave, a new line will show under the Leave Taken heading.
- You will then need to enter:
- Leave Category (required)
- Hours Taken (required)
Note: against each leave option, next to the Notes field, the system will display the number of hours of the chosen leave the employee has available. If you enter more hours than the employee is entitled to, a warning will display that says "This employee has taken more leave than they have accrued". The system will allow the employee to go into a negative leave balance.
Use the Leave Menu to enter future leave requests that will then be available to apply in the appropriate pay run(s).
- Select Leave, then Create Requests.
- Complete the Create Leave request. You can enter leave for the same period for more than one employee at a time.
- When you select Save, the leave will either be approved immediately (if the box has been ticked), or will be available for approval according to how you have arranged your settings.
- Leave requests will appear in the appropriate pay run and can be entered by selecting Apply when you hover over the request.
Note: If a leave request has more hours than the employee's normal weekly/fortnightly or monthly hours, just apply the appropriate amount of hours. Any remaining hours will carry over to the next pay run to apply.