To get started with timesheets:
- Go to Payroll Settings, Timesheets and click Enable to turn on timesheets.
- In the left hand menu, select Work Types.
- Click Add to set up a work type.
From here, you can set up the various work types that employees will be able to submit time against.
On this configuration screen, you will also map a work type to either the employee's Primary Pay Category, select a Pay category or a Leave Category or Map to none. This mapping will be utilised when the timesheets are imported into a pay run.
The next step is to configure which work types are available for which employees:
- Select the employee from the employee list.
- Go to Work Types.
- Select the work types to apply to this employee, and click Save.
When an employee submits their timesheets via the self-service portal (or when a manager submits timesheets on behalf of an employee), this will be the set of work types that are available to be selected.
Once we’ve set up the work types and employees, timesheets are ready to use.
There are several ways that timesheets can be submitted:
- Employees can enter their timesheets through the self-service portal.
- Managers can submit timesheets on behalf of employees in the employee management area.
When logging into the self-service area as an employee, there will be an additional widget showing on the dashboard to enter timesheets.
Select either week ending or fortnight ending from the drop down box and to change dates simply click on the left or right arrows, or the date for a calendar view.
- If Work Type is not specified, the hours recorded will be assigned to the default pay category for the employee when the timesheets are imported into a pay run.
- If Location is not specified, the hours recorded will be assigned to the default location for the employee when the timesheets are imported into a pay run.