Sales Tax Liability Reports (STLR) show a summary of sales tax the customer has collected and now owes to their tax agencies. It gives them the total taxable sales, total nontaxable sales, tax rate, tax collected and sales tax payable as of – all broken down by tax agency/district.
Below are links to help articles that provide recommended solutions to possible issues customers may encounter when running the Sales Tax Liability report in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.
- Sales tax item in the STLR shows zero rate
- STLR does not show Tax Supplier
- STLR shows sales tax items no longer in use
- STLR displays multiple taxes
- STLR shows daily sales overages & shortages as non-taxable sales
- STLR includes gift certificates as non-taxable Sales
- STLR: Total sales does not match the Sales by Item report
- STLR and Pay Sales Tax Window Do Not Match
- STLR: Total sales is different from total income
- STLR: Taxable Sales times Tax Rate is not Tax Collected
- Tax Rate and Tax Collected columns in the STLR are blank
- Other Line shows on Sales Tax Liability Report
Mac users can refer to Resolve issues on Sales Tax Liability report.