We have made improvements to the invoice that you'll receive once your account is moved to our new billing system.
The below describes each section of your invoice.
Billing by subscription – active subscriptions
This is a summary of all of the subscriptions that are active in your account at the time that you are billed. You will see monthly charges for these products on your invoice.
Billing by subscription - charges by subscription
This section shows what products you were charged for during this billing period and how much you were charged for each. The products shown here include any products you were charged for during the billing period, so the list may include products that are not currently active in your account. Here are some examples of when you would see charges for inactive products:
- Client A is the only client in your wholesale billing account who has QuickBooks Online Plus. During the billing period, you move Client A out of your account. When you do that, you receive a pro-rated credit for the portion of the subscription that the client did not use. In this example, QuickBooks Online Plus would not show up in your list of active subscriptions, but you would see the credit reflected here.
- Client B upgraded is the only client in your wholesale billing account who has QuickBooks Online Essentials. During the billing period, you upgrade Client B from QuickBooks Online Essentials to QuickBooks Online Plus. When you do that, you receive a pro-rated credit for the portion of the Essentials subscription that they did not use; you also receive a pro-rated charge for the Plus subscription for the remainder of the billing period. In this example, QuickBooks Online Essentials would not show up in your list of active products, but you would see the credit reflected here.
The charges for each product may include:
- Monthly charges for the subscriptions that are active in your account
- Pro-rated charges or credits for subscriptions that you upgraded during the billing period.
- Pro-rated credits for subscriptions belonging to clients that you moved out of your wholesale billing account
Billing by client
This section lays out what you paid for each client in your wholesale billing account this month. You can see the charges for each client, without tax and including tax. You can also see what products each client had during the billing period and how many employees that client paid, if applicable.