QuickBooks Online allows you to invite different users through the Manage Users page. If you'd like to give your accountant access to your company, see the steps below.
Adding an accountant as a new user:
- Choose the "Gear" icon > Manage Users
- Click the Invite Accountant button.
- Enter the accountant's e-mail address and his/her name, click Next and then Finish.
- Your accountant will be sent an email that contains a link to sign into your QuickBooks Online company.
- Your accountant will be asked to create a user ID before signing in the first time, unless they already have an account with Intuit Business Services.
- Until your accountant signs in, their status will remain as Invited on the Manage Users page. After accepting the invitation, their status changes to Active.
- Click Next
- Click Finish.
What does this mean to you?
- If you invite your accountant and they already have a QuickBooks Online for Accountants subscription, they'll get a link to access your QBO company.
- If you invite your accountant and they don't have a QuickBooks Online for Accountants subscription, they'll have a chance to sign up when you send them this invitation. Signing up is free and allows them access to your QBO company at no cost to you.
- Your accountant will have access to all of the features available in your version of QBO.
- You can invite up to 2 Accounting Firms.
What if my accountant doesn't want to sign up for a free QuickBooks Online for Accountants subscription?
You can always add your accountant as a regular user by clicking New on the Manage User page and following the prompts.