If you want to include an expense reimbursement for an employee in a pay run, you can do this by adding expense lines within the pay run.
You can add an expense line to a pay run with the following steps:
- Make sure you have an appropriate Expense Category defined for this expense.
- Open the employee that you wish to add the expense reimbursement to by clicking on their name in list of employees in the pay run.
- Click on Actions and select Add Expense.
- This will add a new blank earnings line in the Expenses section of the employee's pay run details.
- For the new expense line, enter the following:
- Expense Category (required)
- Location (required)
- Tax Code
- Amount (required)
- Save to add the expense line.
Expense categories define the different types of out-of-pocket expenses your employees will be able to claim. Because expense reimbursements are not considered to be earnings, they will not be included in net or gross amounts calculated in pay runs, nor will they be included in payment summaries generated at the end of the financial year.