Learn how Intuit generates a 1099-K form.
When you process at least 200 card transactions and $20,000 in gross sales during the previous calendar year, we generate a 1099-K form on or before January 31.
Note: Do you need 1099 and 1096 forms? Go to Intuit Market to get these and other tax products designed to work with QuickBooks products.
Where to download
- Sign in to the Online Service Center.
- From the Activity & Reports menu, select Download Form 1099-K.
- Click Download.
Credits/refunds/reversals will be recorded on your 1099-K form in your gross sales. The IRS creates the Form 1099-K including the instructions we (Intuit) must follow and requires that we report to them, and our merchants, the amount of gross sales before any adjustments.
- Gross amount refers to the total dollar amount of all reportable payment transactions, without regard to any adjustments for credits, cash equivalents, discount amounts, fees, refunded amounts, or any other amounts. For more information see IRS instructions for 1099-K. Consult your Tax Professional or IRS for the best way to report adjustments.
Changes to your Business Name or Tax information for the current tax year can be made up to March 31 of each calendar year. See Change business, bank account, or contact information in the Merchant Service Center for detailed steps.
- Note that the changes made prior to March 31 of the calendar year, will take 10 days to reflect on the Form 1099-K online. The updated file will be sent to IRS but not re-emailed to you.
- The updated form is available for download in the Online Service Center. If you don't have access to the Online Service Center call Customer Care at (800) 558 9558.
Important: If you received a 1099-K and did not open a QuickBooks Payments account or have not processed card transactions you may be the victim of identity theft. If you believe you have received a 1099-K in error and may be the victim of identity theft, please send us an email at 1099_risk@Intuit.com. We will reply to your email with detailed instructions.