Need to make changes or updates to your accounts or subscriptions? Visit the Account Management Page
QuickBooks HelpQuickBooksHelpIntuit

Correct or change 1099s in QuickBooks

SOLVEDby QuickBooksIntuit Online Payroll244Updated 5 days ago

Learn how to make corrections to 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC forms after you e-filed them.

If you filed your 1099-MISC or 1099-NEC forms through our 1099 service, you may need to correct an error or filing on your 1099.

Still in the process of creating your 1099 and amounts are wrong or vendors are missing? See Fix missing contractors or wrong amounts on 1099s.

If you've already filed, choose your product below to learn how to correct your 1099s.

Note: Not sure which payroll service you have? Here's how to find your payroll service.

You will need to work directly with the IRS to make a manual amendment to your 1099 forms. Use these IRS instructions to do so. Once corrected you will need to provide the corrected return to the recipient or contractor yourself.

You can correct your 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC in Tax1099. For instructions on correcting your 1099s, refer to this Tax 1099 article, Different types of 1099 corrections after forms have been submitted.

Contact us to correct your 1099-NEC forms we filed for you.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit Online Payroll AccountantIntuit Online Payroll EnhancedIntuit Online Payroll Full ServiceQuickBooks DesktopQuickBooks Desktop PremierQuickBooks Desktop ProQuickBooks Online AdvancedQuickBooks Online EssentialsQuickBooks Online Payroll CoreQuickBooks Online Payroll EliteQuickBooks Online Payroll PremiumQuickBooks Online PlusQuickBooks Online Simple StartQuickBooks Payroll AssistedQuickBooks Payroll BasicQuickBooks Payroll EnhancedQuickBooks Payroll Standard

Sign in for the best experience

Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.

More like this