Additional QuickBooks Desktop services
Keep your checks secure in one place and let QuickBooks automatically fill in the details.
Point of Sale
Sales and inventory integrated with QuickBooks makes running your business simpler than ever.
Email invoices and accept online and mobile payments. Additional fees apply.
What's the difference between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks Desktop is a one-time purchase accounting software to be installed on your office desktop computer.
QuickBooks Online is our cloud-based subscription service that gives you the freedom to work from any device — anytime, anywhere.
Can I install QuickBooks Desktop Pro on more than one computer?
Yes. Your license lets you install the product on up to three computers. It also has a multi-company feature.
What's the difference between Desktop Pro and Premier?
The Premier product allows up to five users while Pro allows up to three users. Premier also has more reports and industry specific features.
What's the difference in capacity between Pro, Premier, and Enterprise?
Pro and Premier track up to 14,500 items, while Enterprise tracks up to 1 million customers, vendors, and items. Learn about Enterprise.
What are the Premier and Pro system requirements?
- Windows 7 SP1, 8.1 Update 1, or Windows 10 (all 32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012 R2
- 2.5 GB disk space recommended (additional space required for data files)
- 2.4 GHZ processor
- 4 GB Ram (8 GB recommended)
- 4x DVD-ROM drive
- Payroll and online features require Internet access (1 Mbps recommended speed)
- Product registration required
- Optimized for 1280x1024 screen resolution or higher. Supports up to 2 extended monitors. Optimized for Default DPI settings.
- Up to 3 monitors supported. Not available in a hosted environment.
- Enhanced payroll subscription required.
- Plus support hours: Hours exclude occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance, company events, observed U.S. Holidays and events beyond our control. Without Plus subscription, standalone Annual Care Plan MSRP $299.95.
- Upgrades will be provided if and when they become available.
- Subject to availability of reliable Internet connection. See detailed list of systems requirements at https://www.rightnetworks.com/asp/sysreqs. See what RDP clients work with the hosting service at https://www.rightnetworks.com/asp/sysreqs#msrdp. For compatible devices: https://enterprisesuite.intuit.com/products/enterprise-solutions/technical/.
- Only available in QBES AI module, found in Platinum edition. Barcode scanner sold separately.
- Membership in Priority Circle and its benefits are available only to U.S. customers who have an active, paid subscription to one of the following products: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, QuickBooks Full Service Payroll, QuickBooks Online Payroll, and Desktop Assisted Payroll. QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise customers must also meet the following requirements for membership: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise customers on the Full Service Plan must be on an active, paid subscription that is renewed on or after May 1st, 2017, at which time eligibility will be met. QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise customers on all other Subscription Plans must be on an active, paid subscription that is purchased or renewed on or after September 18th, 2017 at which time eligibility will be met. Once active/paid subscription is cancelled or terminated for any reason, customer is no longer eligible to receive priority benefits. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support options are subject to terminate or change without notice.
- QuickBooks Priority Circle members receive five free training courses annually.
- Technical and product support is a benefit of your QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise subscription. QuickBooks support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week; the Enterprise team (including our U.S.-based team of product experts) is available weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Pacific Standard time. Support hours exclude occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance, company events, observed U.S. holidays and events beyond our control. Intuit reserves the right to limit each telephone contact to an hour and to one incident. See terms and conditions at qbes.com/terms .
- Each unique user requires a license. Each license sold separately. All copies of QuickBooks must be the same version-year.
- Licenses are available in single-user increments from 1 to 10 users or 30 users. Fees apply.
Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support options are subject to terminate or change without notice.
New 2018 features
- Take care of business significantly faster by using QuickBooks on up to three monitors.1
- Quickly find an account or sub-account by using the new search bar in the Chart of Accounts.
- Get valuable insights in a single click and compare your performance on either a cash or accrual basis.
- Automatically put a Past due stamp on outstanding invoices in order to easily keep track of who owes you what.
- Don’t miss important payroll liability due dates like federal and state taxes and workers’ comp.2
Track income & expenses
Know where your money is going.
- Connect your bank and credit card to automatically download transactions*
- Easily import previous financial data from Excel and other programs.
- Organize everything in one place with Customer, Vendor, and Employee Centers.
Look professional and get paid faster.
- Create professional estimates and invoices.
- Invoice for services, goods, and for billable time and expenses.
- Accept payments right from your invoices and send reminders on outstanding payments.
Better decisions with smart insights.
- Stay ready for tax time with reliable reports.
- Schedule automatic reporting including profit & loss, expenses, and balance sheets.
- Consolidate reports for multiple companies*
- Enterprise - Advanced reporting.
Easily track and convert estimates.
- Send professional estimates and track leads in one place.
- Convert estimates to invoices in a single click.
- Customize and automate pricing with Advanced Pricing*
- Enterprise - Advanced pricing.
Track sales tax
Stay on top of sales tax.
- Define which customers and which products are taxable.
- Track sales tax automatically throughout the month.
- Run sales tax liability reports so you know exactly what you owe.
Manage bills & accounts payable
Know what you owe.
- Clearly track bills and purchase orders in one place.
- Maintain cash flow and easily take action on unpaid bills.
- Take early pay discounts automatically.
Track employee and billable time.
- Track time and expenses by employee, project, client, or service.
- Enter hours yourself or give employees secure access to enter their own time.
- Run time reports to evaluate efficiency and productivity.
Stay stocked for success.
- Track products, cost of goods, and receive notifications when inventory is low.
- Easily adjust inventory to account for loss, theft, and shrinkage.
- Create purchase orders to keep track of what’s on order.
- Enterprise - Advanced inventory.
Maximize QuickBooks performance.
- Pro and Premier: Up to 14,500 items.
- Enterprise: More than 1 million items.
Pay 1099 contractors
Help stay compliant on all your 1099s.
- Keep track of subcontractor payments and assign them to 1099 categories.
- Prepare and file 1099s right from QuickBooks.
- See who you’ve paid, what you’ve paid, and when.
Stay on the right track.
- Create a forecast from scratch or use previous years’ information.
- Track and view forecast progress both in dollars and percentages.
- Create forecast by customer job, by class and more.
Industry specific features
Manage tasks unique to your industry.
- Track profitability by product or by project and client.
- Bill clients progressively by job phase.
- Run industry specific reports including donor contributions, sales summary, and more.
Mobile inventory barcode scanning6
Easier picking means faster sales.
- Easily prioritize which sales orders to fulfill first.
- Create customer pick lists across warehouses and send to barcode scanners.
- Workers on the floor can scan inventory, and update sales orders in real-time.
QuickBooks Priority Circle loyalty program7
Putting your business first.
- Dedicated customer success manager you can call with any questions about your QuickBooks products.
- Complementary product training for you and your employees.8
- Get expert care from our top product specialists via phone and chat.9
Save time when you work together.
- Allows more than one user at a time*
- Create a copy of your company file for your accountant.
- Protect sensitive data with user-access levels.
Upgrade to Plus
Unlimited 24/7 support, data backups, and upgrades.3
- Get 24/7 support plus access to QuickBooks experts.
- Get automatic access to the latest product, so your QuickBooks is up to date.4
- Get upgrades throughout the year, so you always have the latest version.
Pay employees and e-file taxes.
- Pay employees with free direct deposit and create unlimited paychecks.
- Easily pay and file federal and state payroll taxes right from QuickBooks.
- Print and file W2s at the end of the year*
- Enterprise - Gold & Platinum edition.
Lower cost networking with reliable hosting.
- Access on the go - your data is stored in the cloud, not at your office, making access easy and convenient.5
- Password-protected connections and ongoing IT maintenance.
- Log-in from any device. Use a Mac? PC? Tablet? No problem.