Additional QuickBooks Desktop services
Keep your checks secure in one place and let QuickBooks automatically fill in the details.
Point of Sale
Sales and inventory integrated with QuickBooks makes running your business simpler than ever.
Email invoices and accept online and mobile payments. Additional fees apply.
Track time anywhere, from any device with TSheets.
What's the difference between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks Desktop is a one-time purchase accounting software to be installed on your office desktop computer.
QuickBooks Online is our cloud-based subscription service that gives you the freedom to work from any device — anytime, anywhere.
Can I install QuickBooks Desktop Pro on more than one computer?
Yes. Your license lets you install the product on up to three computers. It also has a multi-company feature.
What's the difference between Desktop Pro and Premier?
The Premier product allows up to five users while Pro allows up to three users. Premier also has more reports and industry specific features.
What's the difference in capacity between Pro, Premier, and Enterprise?
Pro and Premier track up to 14,500 items, while Enterprise tracks up to 1 million customers, vendors, and items. Learn about Enterprise.
What are the Premier and Pro system requirements?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1, or Windows 10 update/version supported by Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (SP1 or SP2), 2012 ( or R2), 2016, or 2019
- 2.4 GHZ processor
- 4 GB Ram (8 GB recommended)
- 2.5 GB disk space recommended (additional space required for data files)
- 4x DVD-ROM drive (unless user is downloading from Intuit server)
- Payroll and online features require Internet access (1 Mbps recommended speed)
- Product registration required
- Optimized for 1280x1024 screen resolution or higher. Supports one Workstation Monitor, plus up to 2 extended monitors. Optimized for Default DPI settings.
- Combining emails with QuickBooks Payment links are scheduled to become available by early 2020.
- Available from 6am-6pm Mon-Fri; 6am-3pm Sat (PST) for Pro, Premier, Standard and Plus. Enterprise access available 24/7. Hours exclude occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance, company events, observed U.S. Holidays and events beyond our control. Access to messaging with live experts or call back features requires a QuickBooks Care Plan, and internet connection. Care plan is included with Standard, Plus and Enterprise subscriptions. A la carte Annual Care Plan MSRP $299.95
- Updates to a new version will be provided if and when they become available.
- Compared to Pro. Based on annual standalone MSRP costs for one Care ($299.95), Intuit Data Backup ($99.95)
- Standalone Intuit Data Backup MSRP $99.95 per year or MSRP $9.95 per month for a-la-carte purchases. Entire PC is limited to 100GB total storage which includes all 45 days of backup you have stored. Data encrypted using AES 256-bit encryption. Requires internet access for backup, restore and setup changes and comes bundled with QuickBooks Pro Standard, Premier Standard, Pro Plus, Premier Plus or Enterprise subscription. Not available to QuickBooks for Mac or QuickBooks Online users. Not intended as a file transfer, remote access solution for your QuickBooks file. Intuit Data Protect is not intended as a HIPAA solution and its use will not assist with or ensure HIPAA compliance. Hours exclude occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance, company events, observed U.S. Holidays and events beyond our control. Subject to change at any time without notice. Data Recover Service: Coverage begins at the time of enrollment and ends upon cancellation of stated term length + 30 days from cancellation date to be able to recover your backup data.
- Scanners sold separately. Only available in Advanced Inventory module, which is available in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Platinum.
- Only available in QBES AI module, found in Platinum edition. Barcode scanner sold separately.
- Membership in Priority Circle and its benefits are available only to U.S. customers who have an active, paid subscription to one of the following products: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, QuickBooks Full Service Payroll, QuickBooks Online Payroll, and Desktop Assisted Payroll. QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise customers must also meet the following requirements for membership: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise customers on the Full Service Plan must be on an active, paid subscription that is renewed on or after May 1st, 2017, at which time eligibility will be met. QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise customers on all other Subscription Plans must be on an active, paid subscription that is purchased or renewed on or after September 18th, 2017 at which time eligibility will be met. Once active/paid subscription is cancelled or terminated for any reason, customer is no longer eligible to receive priority benefits. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support options are subject to terminate or change without notice.
- QuickBooks Priority Circle members receive five free training courses annually.
- Technical and product support is a benefit of your QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise subscription. QuickBooks support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week; the Enterprise team (including our U.S.-based team of product experts) is available weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Pacific Standard time. Support hours exclude occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance, company events, observed U.S. holidays and events beyond our control. Intuit reserves the right to limit each telephone contact to an hour and to one incident. See terms and conditions at qbes.com/terms .
- Available only in Advanced Inventory module, which is available in the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Platinum.
- Each unique user requires a license. Each license sold separately. All copies of QuickBooks must be the same version-year.
- Licenses are available in single-user increments from 1 to 10 users or 30 users. Fees apply.
- Subject to availability of reliable Internet connection. See detailed list of systems requirements and supported RDP Clients at https://www.rightnetworks.com/system-requirements/. For compatible devices: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/enterprise/features/technical-specs/.
- Sick and vacation accrual requirements vary state by state; customer is responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Available In Basic, Enhanced and Assisted Payroll Editions.
Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support options are subject to terminate or change without notice.
New 2020 features
- Get paid faster by automatically reminding customers when payments are due.
- Facilitate quicker payments by enabling customers to easily search for invoice emails by PO numbers.
- Simplify customer payment processing by consolidating multiple invoices into just one email1
- Save time with improved navigation through reports with jobs & classes
- Enhanced help content and access to live experts through messaging and call back options2
Track income & expenses
Know where your money is going.
- Connect your bank and credit card to automatically download transactions*
- Easily import previous financial data from Excel and other programs.
- Organize everything in one place with Customer, Vendor, and Employee Centers.
Look professional and get paid faster.
- Create professional estimates and invoices.
- Invoice for services, goods, and for billable time and expenses.
- Accept payments right from your invoices and send reminders on outstanding payments.
- Get real-time visibility of invoice statuses to expedite collections and stay on top of your cash flow.
Better decisions with smart insights.
- Stay ready for tax time with reliable reports.
- Schedule automatic reporting including profit & loss, expenses, and balance sheets.
- Consolidate reports for multiple companies*
- Enterprise - Advanced reporting.
Easily track and convert estimates.
- Send professional estimates and track leads in one place.
- Convert estimates to invoices in a single click.
- Customize and automate pricing with Advanced Pricing*
- Enterprise - Advanced pricing.
Track sales tax
Stay on top of sales tax.
- Define which customers and which products are taxable.
- Track sales tax automatically throughout the month.
- Run sales tax liability reports so you know exactly what you owe.
Manage bills & accounts payable
Know what you owe.
- Clearly track bills and purchase orders in one place.
- Maintain cash flow and easily take action on unpaid bills.
- Take early pay discounts automatically.
- View unpaid bills from a vendor to easily manage payments.
Clock employee time and billable hours
- Track billable hours by client or employee and automatically add them to invoices.
- Enter hours yourself or give employees protected access to enter their own time.
- Seamlessly integrate with TSheets by QuickBooks for simpler time tracking*
- Easily track accruals of employee sick and vacation time.15
Stay stocked for success.
- Track products, cost of goods, and receive notifications when inventory is low.
- Easily adjust inventory to account for loss, theft, and shrinkage.
- Create purchase orders to keep track of what’s on order.
- Enterprise - Advanced inventory.
Maximize QuickBooks performance.
- Pro and Premier: Up to 14,500 items.
- Enterprise: More than 1 million items.
Pay 1099 contractors
Help stay compliant on all your 1099s.
- Keep track of subcontractor payments and assign them to 1099 categories.
- Prepare and file 1099s right from QuickBooks.
- See who you’ve paid, what you’ve paid, and when.
Stay on the right track.
- Create a forecast from scratch or use previous years’ information.
- Track and view forecast progress both in dollars and percentages.
- Create forecast by customer job, by class and more.
Industry specific features
Manage tasks unique to your industry.
- Track profitability by product or by project and client.
- Bill clients progressively by job phase.
- Run industry specific reports including donor contributions, sales summary, and more.
Mobile inventory barcode scanning6
Easier picking means faster sales.
- Easily prioritize which sales orders to fulfill first.
- Create customer pick lists across warehouses and send to barcode scanners.
- Workers on the floor can scan inventory, and update sales orders in real-time.
QuickBooks Priority Circle loyalty program7
Putting your business first.
- Dedicated customer success manager you can call with any questions about your QuickBooks products.
- Complementary product training for you and your employees.8
- Get expert care from our top product specialists via phone and chat.9
Enhanced Pick, Pack & Ship10
Streamlined and more accurate sales order fulfilment
- Manage the entire end-to-end workflow from a central dashboard.
- Send items to a picker or packer with one click.
- Fill out and print shipping labels from the major carriers right in QuickBooks.
- Get additional flexibility with Express Pick-Pack to combine picker and packer roles.
Save time when you work together.
- Allows more than one user at a time*
- Create a copy of your company file for your accountant.
- Protect sensitive data with user-access levels.
Upgrade to Plus
All the features of Pro, with over $399 worth of additional value.4
- Get unlimited support plus access to QuickBooks experts.2
- Safeguard your most valuable information with automated data back-up and recovery.5
- Get access to the latest features and updates, so you always have the latest version.3
Pay employees and e-file taxes.
- Pay employees with free direct deposit and create unlimited paychecks.
- Easily pay and file federal and state payroll taxes right from QuickBooks.
- Print and file W2s at the end of the year*
- Enterprise - Gold & Platinum edition.
Lower cost networking with reliable hosting.
- Access on the go - your data is stored in the cloud, not at your office, making access easy and convenient.14
- Password-protected connections and ongoing IT maintenance.
- Log-in from any device. Use a Mac? PC? Tablet? No problem.