Find out what computer and browser you need for the best experience when using QuickBooks.
The requirements for your computer’s internet speed, and your web and mobile browser, vary depending on your system.
You can use QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant, and QuickBooks Self-Employed in a web browser on Linux operating systems, but not the QuickBooks Online Advanced desktop app.
Supported web browsers
In general, QuickBooks supports the current and two previous versions of browsers. We don't always support older versions.
The following browsers are supported on both web and mobile devices:
Note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser.
- Google Chrome: version 78 or newer
- Mozilla Firefox: version 76 or newer. Note: To preview and print forms on Mac OS, you'll also need the Firefox PDF plugin.
- Microsoft Edge: version 79 or newer
- Safari: version 12 or newer (Mac only)
- Opera: version 68 or newer
- Samsung: version 10 or newer