If you can't authorize a credit card transaction electronically, you can do it by phone instead through voice authorization so you can complete the transaction and receive the funds.
To get a voice authorization:
- Call the appropriate Authorization Center at 888-301-3246.
Provide the following information:
Your merchant account number.
NOTE: This number appears on your monthly statement and in the approval e-mail you received when you first signed up.
Credit card number
Card expiration date
- You will be given an authorization code. Write this number down.
Next, complete the transaction and receive the funds:
- Open QuickBooks Payments through this site: https://merchantcenter.intuit.com
- Select Processing Tools, then Charge a Card.
- Select I have a voice authorization code.
- Enter the Voice Authorization Number you received from the Authorization Center, then complete all necessary fields.
- Select Submit at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: If a sale is canceled after you've received authorization, you need to cancel the authorization. Call the same number provided above.
Then, record the transaction in QuickBooks Online:
- Select + New.
- Select Sales Receipt, Receive Payment, or Refund Receipt, whichever is applicable.
- Enter the transaction as you normally would, except do NOT select Process credit card.
- In either the Ref # field or the Memo field, enter the authorization code you wrote down earlier.
- Select Save.