Learn how to update the Financial Institutions list in QuickBooks Desktop.
Choose which way to update your Financial Institutions Directory (FiDir) to make sure you have the latest info from your financial institution.
Before you begin:
- Back up the QuickBooks company file.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- Make sure you have a supported version of QuickBooks
Solution 1: Automatic update
QuickBooks processes the update for you.
- Go to Banking, select Bank Feeds, then Bank Feeds Center.
- Select the Refresh account(s) icon or choose Sync all for this bank from the dropdown.
Solution 2: Manual update
If you need to manually update, do it for each file location for each QuickBooks version.
- Find the fidir.txt file on Windows 10 or 8.
Product File Location Enterprise C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions XXXX\Components\OLB\branding\filist Pro/Premier C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks XXXX\Components\OLB\branding\filist
- Right-click fidir.txt, then select Rename.
- Change .txt to .old, then click outside the field to save the name change.
- Select your QuickBooks version to get the latest file.
- Save the file to your desktop and then Save
- On the Desktop, right-click the fidir.txt file, then select Copy.
- Right-click Start, select File Explorer, then This PC.
- Open the filist folder.
- Right-click anywhere in the folder, then Paste.
- Close and reopen QuickBooks.
Your Financial Institution list is now up-to-date.