Learn how to fix error OL-222 in QuickBooks for Mac after downloading transactions using Web Connect.
If you see the following message after you try to import a .qbo file from your bank, it means the .qbo file format is wrong or the list of Financial Institutions in QuickBooks needs an update.
QuickBooks was not able to complete your request. Please contact your financial institution. (OL-222)
Important: Before you troubleshoot, make sure to:
- Back up the QuickBooks company file.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- You're on a supported version of QuickBooks.
- The file you downloaded from your bank is a .qbo file.
Download a new Financial Institution list
- Hold Control on your keyboard and select the version of QuickBooks for Mac you're using.
- Select Download Linked File As, then save it to your Desktop.
- Move the old FIDIR.txt to the Trash and empty it:
- Go to Finder and select Go then Go to folder.
- Type ~/LibraryApplication Support/com.intuit.QuickBooks20XX/Downloads.
- Drag and drop fidir.txt to the trash.
- Go to Go and select Applications.
- Press the Control key, then select QuickBooks 20XX.
- Select Show Package Contents.
- Open the Contents folder.
- Open the Resources folder.
- Find the fidir.txt file, then drag and drop it to the trash.
- Empty the trash.
- Drag and drop the new fidir.txt file that you saved on the desktop into the resources folder.
- Import the .qbo file.