Learn what to do if you don’t see your recently downloaded bank transactions in QuickBooks Online.
When you connect your online bank and credit card accounts, QuickBooks downloads new transactions automatically.
If you notice you’re not getting the latest transactions, here’s how to review your downloads. If you see a specific bank error message, use Step 3.
Step 1: Manually download your latest transactions
If downloads seem stuck, or you want the latest available transactions, do a manual download.
- Go to the Banking menu.
- Select Update. This updates all of your bank and credit card accounts. If you see a message about additional authentication, follow the onscreen instructions. Not all banks require this, but some do for added peace of mind.
Feel free to keep working during the update. You’ll get a notification when the update finishes. The number of transactions in the blue account tile will increase if QuickBooks downloads new transactions.
For American Express accounts
QuickBooks Online downloads new American Express transactions 2 or 3 times a week instead of nightly. If you need them sooner, select Update to download the latest available transactions.
QuickBooks downloads American Express Open transactions every night. However, you can’t manually download new transactions. Select the blue tile for your American Express Open account in QuickBooks to start the download.
For all other bank and credit card accounts
QuickBooks downloads the latest available transactions every night around 10 PM PT. For most banks, transactions are usually available for QuickBooks to download the day after they post to your bank's website. Some may take a little longer depending on your bank.
Step 2: Check your bank's website
If downloads seem slow or stuck, the issue may be on the bank’s end. Sign in to your bank’s website to check.
First, get the URL from QuickBooks:
- Go to the Banking menu.
- Select Add Account (you won’t add an account, you just need the listed URL).
- Search for your bank and select it.
- Copy the URL listed in the window.
- Sign in using your bank username and password. Some banks have multiple sign-in URLs. Note: make sure you’re using the one listed in QuickBooks.
If you can sign in to your bank’s website, you’re halfway there.
- Check your account page for messages, notifications, or alerts. Any display or sign in issues on your bank’s website can potentially block QuickBooks from downloading new transactions.
- Check your bank’s website for any announcements about new security requirements.
- If everything looks good, go back to the Banking menu in QuickBooks.
- Select the blue tile for the bank account.
- Select Update.
If you make changes on your bank’s website, update your bank info in QuickBooks
If you updated anything on your bank’s website, like your account number, username, or password, update QuickBooks as well.
- Select the blue tile for the bank account, and then select the pencil icon to edit.
- Select Edit sign-in info.
- Update your info.
Step 3: Fix specific banking errors
Some errors block QuickBooks from downloading new bank transactions. Follow the links to fix specific download errors:
If you've tried all of the solutions in this article and still need help, contact QuickBooks Online Support.
|Note: If you see the Report Issue option on your bank error, select it to notify us of the problem. We'll work on our end to fix the issue.|