Learn how to enter a split transaction in QuickBooks Online.
When you enter a transaction into the register, only one account can be associated with it. But if you need to list multiple accounts, here’s how.
Record multiple accounts in a transaction
Note: If you didn’t enter the transaction yet, it’s best to open the Invoice, Bill, etc. and associate multiple accounts.
- Go to Accounting and select Chart of Accounts.
- Find the account for the transaction.
- Under the Action column, select View register.
- Select the transaction, then select Edit. The entry screen for that particular transaction opens.
- Enter the other accounts to add with the amount. Note: The amounts for each account should add up to the total amount of the transaction.
- Select Save. The transaction now displays Split in account column.
Set up a live video appointment or message your QuickBooks-certified bookkeeper whenever you need help. Learn more about QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping.