You can use the QuickBooks Conversion Tool to convert from Sage 50 (formerly Peachtree) to QuickBooks Desktop 2016 or later.
Step 1: Sage/Peachtree company file access
- Launch Sage 50 and open the company file you wish to convert.
- Go to Main > Maintain > Users > Setup Security, then select Data Access/Crystal Reports tab.
- Select With the following login information.Note: You are unable to change Peachtree in the ID field.
- Select Change to set a new password.
- After you set the password, close the Sage 50.
Step 2: Download and run the Conversion Tool
- Download and Install the QuickBooks Conversion Tool.exe and make sure you Run it as Administrator.To Run as Administrator:
- Locate and right-click the QuickBooks Conversion Tool icon.
- Select Run as Administrator.
Note: You have to Run as Administrator each time you use the tool.
Step 3: Browse and convert the file
- Select Browse to select the Sage 50 company file.
- In Pervasive 32-bit ODBC engine DSN Setup window, choose your company name as the Database Name (this should be the same as the folder that holds your Sage 50 company file), then select OK.
- Enter your Sage 50 company file password, then Next.
- Select the QuickBooks product you are converting to, browse to your company file, then select Next.Note: The default save location is C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\My Documents, unless you specify your own location.
- The Ready to Convert window shows you the conversion information. Select Convert File to start the conversion process.
- After you press Convert File, the QuickBooks Conversion Tool starts the conversion process. Please be patient as this goes through the process of converting your data. Once finished, you should see the finished window. Select Open in QuickBooks.
- Check to make sure everything completed correctly.
Step 4: Verify the results
If you find any missing transactions, be sure to check the failed transaction log file located at: C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\My Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks ConversionTool\
Are you using QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier?
Get even more advanced features by upgrading to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. Give us a call at 888-566-4671 and see if it's right for you.